Tuesday, April 30, 2013

needle book pattern underway


Update: There is a pattern available for this now: the Flora Needle Book pattern, available for instant download at Etsy and Craftsy.

Test run No. 1 from the pattern, successfully completed. It's weird making the applique from a pattern. I usually just eyeball it, but I have to admit that this will streamline the process a vast deal (as Lucy Steele might say). The pattern is written, diagrams done. Mods being made, pieces being tweaked. Many, many words being deleted. I'm always too much with the wordy words on the first draft.

17 comments:

  1. Bonito trabajo. Me gusta mucho.
    Best regards from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited that you'll have a pattern for these. You rock. I am really wordy, too. I always have to delete a lot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Pea, thanks so much. I debated for a long time about a pattern. I'm excited to have it on the desk at last.

      Delete
  3. You mean if my needle book wears out, I'll have to make a new one myself?! Bummer!

    Nah, just kidding. I think it's great that you're making a pattern! I'm sure it'll be a great one, wordy or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma G, thanks a bunch! I know you are fully capable of whipping one out too! My needle book is still looking good so fingers crossed it will last a good, long time.

      Delete
  4. If'n you need a pattern tester, I'M YOUR GIRL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the use of the button there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Petra. It makes a handy closure that looks like part of the design.

      Delete
  6. So exciting! I LOVE this needle book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you please let me know when you have the pattern and/or the needle books available? I love, love, love these books and would love, love, love to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow ancora piĆ¹ bello liliana

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!